This article enlightens some of the important approaches about website development. SME in digital era got lot of assumptions about digital presence and practices. Being a digital marketing firm, we would like to focus on some of the key approaches, every SME should consider before developing their business website or the digital marketing strategy.
- Website is just a website? Definitely not. Most of the companies develop their websites as it’s a trend. But if you really think about it’s effectiveness, you would be knowing how efficient and effective tool it is. Websites if designed with marketing strategy, it will proved to be more efficient and most productive marketing tool. It can work 24x7x365 days and can provide all the confidence to your client with necessary content, bring you good new contacts and retain existing client using efficient customer support.
- Website is a product catalogue. Website isn’t only about your plain company profile, your products and contact page. It’s your whole company, so develop it wisely. All your website visitors should get best impression at every area of your website like you decorate every corner of your office. Give them all confidence of about your company, your products, team & capacity with various references, photographs, testimonials, certifications, product guide, training, etc.
- It’s a developer’s job. It isn’t. Developer or the development company bring you the visual of your company in the form of website using provided content. As creativity and brand vision should go hand in hand without deteriorating the whole appeal of website, check the importance of every digital material you providing. Sequence plays very important role in the presentation, so play it well. Collect all the website components and then fit them at proper places.
- This is what I like… Develop a website for your visitors and potential customers not just for you. So, always keep priority for audience than yours. Manage the whole thing professionally. List out your customer’s expectations from your website. Don’t be very personal in selecting colors, textures, pictures, etc. It may keep very little scope for your web developer to play creativity.
- Website is on hold as your are busy in other activities… Even this is your business too. Allot a dedicated time for the website development like you do for recruitment, sales meeting, negotiation, demonstration, support, etc. You website gonna do that everything for you without expecting any extra care and incentives. So do it right first time and keep updating.
- Budget? Take it as a full time professional activity otherwise your website will only be lie as a product catalogue. Work with good agency with understanding of business and marketing. Plan your expectations from the website and allot good budget like you do for your sales executives.